Stuck In The Past Blog Requests

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: Stuck In The Past Blog Requests

Post  XXX on Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:40 am

Any chance of the Racetraitor articles from Maximum R'N'R or Punk Planet?

XXX
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck In The Past Blog Requests

Post  bloodorflies on Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:02 am

you might be able to find those interviews here:
http://www.operationphoenixrecords.com/archivespage.html

bloodorflies
Padawan
Padawan

Posts : 6
Join date : 2009-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck In The Past Blog Requests

Post  edgemn22 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:15 am

looking for any good live quality recordings of bands from the 90's.

edgemn22
Padawan
Padawan

Posts : 5
Join date : 2009-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck In The Past Blog Requests

Post  xjustinx on Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:06 am

KeithBroChill wrote:
xjustinx wrote:I'm pretty sure that I still have one of those patches in a box somewhere.

You gotta do me a solid, player.

If I can find it, the price may be hefty since it's the only one I have. You might have to trade me a guest vocal spot on an Envision 7" haha.
avatar
xjustinx
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD

Posts : 216
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 39
Location : Portland, OR

View user profile http://myspace.com/xponchx

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck In The Past Blog Requests

Post  To_an_End on Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:10 pm

xpogox wrote:Find the guys from the band Alert and interview em.


Keith from alert posts here
avatar
To_an_End
Padawan
Padawan

Posts : 4
Join date : 2009-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck In The Past Blog Requests

Post  Eric Sanford on Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:56 pm

xjustinx wrote:
KeithBroChill wrote:
xjustinx wrote:I'm pretty sure that I still have one of those patches in a box somewhere.

You gotta do me a solid, player.

If I can find it, the price may be hefty since it's the only one I have. You might have to trade me a guest vocal spot on an Envision 7" haha.

i support this 100%

afro
avatar
Eric Sanford
Padawan
Padawan

Posts : 22
Join date : 2009-08-01
Location : Seattle

View user profile http://envisionannodomini.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck In The Past Blog Requests

Post  Rebuild on Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:10 am

more fury of v

Rebuild
Padawan
Padawan

Posts : 2
Join date : 2009-08-01
Location : Charleston, SC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck In The Past Blog Requests

Post  A.AO on Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:24 pm

To_an_End wrote:
xpogox wrote:Find the guys from the band Alert and interview em.
Keith from alert posts here

Is this by chance the same Alert that had that song "Penance" on "Over the Edge Compilation Vol. I"? If so, I just posted on my last last week about looking for more information on that band. I never did hear anything other than that one song...

A.AO
Padawan
Padawan

Posts : 4
Join date : 2009-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck In The Past Blog Requests

Post  justinn on Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:20 pm

Another request, a scan of the layout of Threadbare "Feeling Older Faster" and their 7inch.
avatar
justinn
Padawan
Padawan

Posts : 25
Join date : 2009-07-31
Age : 28
Location : Myrtle Beach

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/posijustin

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck In The Past Blog Requests

Post  xchipxsem on Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:37 pm

justinn wrote:Another request, a scan of the layout of Threadbare "Feeling Older Faster" and their 7inch.

I have the cd....ill scan it when I go home next week
avatar
xchipxsem
Straight Edge Mafia

Posts : 184
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 39
Location : Miami and Tallahassee, FL.

View user profile http://howsyouredge.com/swap/display.php?page=1265

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck In The Past Blog Requests

Post  namaste on Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:25 pm

Culture and Temperance layouts...
avatar
namaste
Padawan
Padawan

Posts : 7
Join date : 2009-08-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck In The Past Blog Requests

Post  xpogox on Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:08 pm

AVERSIONLINE wrote:
To_an_End wrote:
xpogox wrote:Find the guys from the band Alert and interview em.
Keith from alert posts here

Is this by chance the same Alert that had that song "Penance" on "Over the Edge Compilation Vol. I"? If so, I just posted on my last last week about looking for more information on that band. I never did hear anything other than that one song...
That would be the band. I didn't even know about that comp...thanks.

xpogox
Padawan
Padawan

Posts : 8
Join date : 2009-07-31
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck In The Past Blog Requests

Post  justinn on Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:09 pm

xchipxsem wrote:
justinn wrote:Another request, a scan of the layout of Threadbare "Feeling Older Faster" and their 7inch.

I have the cd....ill scan it when I go home next week

Thank you, sir.
avatar
justinn
Padawan
Padawan

Posts : 25
Join date : 2009-07-31
Age : 28
Location : Myrtle Beach

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/posijustin

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck In The Past Blog Requests

Post  Andrew Jacobs on Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:29 pm

edgemn22 wrote:looking for any good live quality recordings of bands from the 90's.
ALOT of people have been posting live recordings on the Livewire Records message board. Mostly '80s bands but you may want to do a search there to see if there are any downloads of bands that you're interested in - http://forums.livewire-records.com/list.php?f=1
avatar
Andrew Jacobs
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Posts : 305
Join date : 2009-08-01
Age : 48

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck In The Past Blog Requests

Post  A.AO on Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:46 pm

xpogox wrote:
AVERSIONLINE wrote:
To_an_End wrote:
xpogox wrote:Find the guys from the band Alert and interview em.
Keith from alert posts here
Is this by chance the same Alert that had that song "Penance" on "Over the Edge Compilation Vol. I"? If so, I just posted on my last last week about looking for more information on that band. I never did hear anything other than that one song...
That would be the band. I didn't even know about that comp...thanks.
So... did Alert release anything else? Any info? Anyone? MANY thanks...

A.AO
Padawan
Padawan

Posts : 4
Join date : 2009-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck In The Past Blog Requests

Post  Path To Misery on Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:04 am

Not a specific request, but you should post up albums in 320 kbps Mp3 form. Windows Media Player 10 and above has the option, I believe (version 11 for sure). Express Rip, a program you can get for free from download.com, does 320 for sure. Its not as reliable of a ripper, but there are a lot of programs out there that do 320 kbps now. Its pretty close to CD quality. Makes owning the Mp3s worthwhile.

Path To Misery
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Posts : 127
Join date : 2009-08-02
Age : 33
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

View user profile http://pathtomisery.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck In The Past Blog Requests

Post  xjustinx on Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:51 am

Path To Misery wrote:Not a specific request, but you should post up albums in 320 kbps Mp3 form. Windows Media Player 10 and above has the option, I believe (version 11 for sure). Express Rip, a program you can get for free from download.com, does 320 for sure. Its not as reliable of a ripper, but there are a lot of programs out there that do 320 kbps now. Its pretty close to CD quality. Makes owning the Mp3s worthwhile.

I never have, and never will rip in 320 format. If you want to get technical, 192kb is "near cd quality", and is only distinguishable from CD by audiophile nuts on expensive stereos (see this test writeup: http://www.lincomatic.com/mp3/mp3quality.html). The problem with 320 is that it's a waste of hard disk space. There are a multitude of moments within music where there isn't enough data being converted to require a full 320kpbs. So what's the best solution? The V0 variable bit rate is the best median solution to the cd ripping dilemma. It only provides as high of a bit rate as the music requires at any given moment. It's set to rip between 192 and 320, although typically you get bit rates more on the end of 224 to 320. Any CD I rip myself for inclusion on the blog is set at a V0 vbr. I typically convert vinyl at 256, but lately I've been thinking about burning the uncompressed WAV files to CD, and then extracting them into a V0 as well.
Exact Audio Copy with LAME mp3 encoder is the absolute best, and most exact way to rip a cd. It's completely free/shareware, and you can find a great tutorial on it here:
http://hiphopiscoolagain.com/jiggafellz-step-by-step-guide-to-secure-cd-ripping-with-exact-audio-copy/
avatar
xjustinx
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD

Posts : 216
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 39
Location : Portland, OR

View user profile http://myspace.com/xponchx

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck In The Past Blog Requests

Post  jav on Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:48 pm

XXX wrote:Any chance of the Racetraitor articles from Maximum R'N'R or Punk Planet?

i have this, was just reading it on the toilet. ill try to scan.

justin has a fucking BOX of shit i sent him. some gems. upload, son.
avatar
jav
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Posts : 174
Join date : 2009-08-06
Location : costa mesa, ca

View user profile http://www.bestoftimesoc.blogspot.com www.alloverthistown.com ww

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck In The Past Blog Requests

Post  xjustinx on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:38 pm

jav wrote:
XXX wrote:Any chance of the Racetraitor articles from Maximum R'N'R or Punk Planet?

i have this, was just reading it on the toilet. ill try to scan.

justin has a fucking BOX of shit i sent him. some gems. upload, son.

I'm working on it. I've been very slowly compiling everything in that box.
avatar
xjustinx
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD

Posts : 216
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 39
Location : Portland, OR

View user profile http://myspace.com/xponchx

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck In The Past Blog Requests

Post  xgronox on Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:24 pm

ive been trying to do some research and i was just wondering if excessive force did anything other than the "In Your Blood" LP? even though every song has an intro, it still rules. haha.

also i have the Point of No Return 7" and i was just wondering if anyone could upload the mp3's?

thanks

xgronox
Padawan
Padawan

Posts : 23
Join date : 2009-08-01

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/grant_grono

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck In The Past Blog Requests

Post  xjustinx on Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:43 pm

xgronox wrote:ive been trying to do some research and i was just wondering if excessive force did anything other than the "In Your Blood" LP? even though every song has an intro, it still rules. haha.

also i have the Point of No Return 7" and i was just wondering if anyone could upload the mp3's?

thanks

Excessive Force also had a 7" called Vengeance Is Mine, which came out before the full length. It's one of the few early Life Sentence releases that I've just never been able to track down for my collection, along with the Lifeless 7". There was also one EF track on a tape comp that came out with an issue of Inside Front. I ripped it a while ago, and posted it on the blog.
avatar
xjustinx
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD

Posts : 216
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 39
Location : Portland, OR

View user profile http://myspace.com/xponchx

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck In The Past Blog Requests

Post  Andrew Jacobs on Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:22 pm

xjustinx wrote:
xgronox wrote:ive been trying to do some research and i was just wondering if excessive force did anything other than the "In Your Blood" LP? even though every song has an intro, it still rules. haha.

also i have the Point of No Return 7" and i was just wondering if anyone could upload the mp3's?

thanks

Excessive Force also had a 7" called Vengeance Is Mine, which came out before the full length. It's one of the few early Life Sentence releases that I've just never been able to track down for my collection, along with the Lifeless 7". There was also one EF track on a tape comp that came out with an issue of Inside Front. I ripped it a while ago, and posted it on the blog.
Try contacting this guy - http://www.myspace.com/danstraightedge
avatar
Andrew Jacobs
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Posts : 305
Join date : 2009-08-01
Age : 48

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck In The Past Blog Requests

Post  xjustinx on Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:41 pm

Jake wrote:
xjustinx wrote:
xgronox wrote:ive been trying to do some research and i was just wondering if excessive force did anything other than the "In Your Blood" LP? even though every song has an intro, it still rules. haha.

also i have the Point of No Return 7" and i was just wondering if anyone could upload the mp3's?

thanks

Excessive Force also had a 7" called Vengeance Is Mine, which came out before the full length. It's one of the few early Life Sentence releases that I've just never been able to track down for my collection, along with the Lifeless 7". There was also one EF track on a tape comp that came out with an issue of Inside Front. I ripped it a while ago, and posted it on the blog.
Try contacting this guy - http://www.myspace.com/danstraightedge

Yeah, I've been in touch with Dan here and there over the years, and unfortunately, he doesn't have extra copies of any of the old releases.
avatar
xjustinx
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD

Posts : 216
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 39
Location : Portland, OR

View user profile http://myspace.com/xponchx

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck In The Past Blog Requests

Post  Frosty on Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:42 am

I sold my Lifeless 7" to some jackass about 8 years ago, now this jackass want's it back and cannot find one for love nor money. Same with the Deadwait 7". Would like to see a torn apart section up on the blog, wasn't into the later stuff but the first 7" and LP were favourites back int' day.

Frosty
Padawan
Padawan

Posts : 15
Join date : 2009-08-08
Age : 42
Location : North Of England

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/rotinhellband

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck In The Past Blog Requests

Post  xjustinx on Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:12 am

Frosty wrote:I sold my Lifeless 7" to some jackass about 8 years ago, now this jackass want's it back and cannot find one for love nor money. Same with the Deadwait 7". Would like to see a torn apart section up on the blog, wasn't into the later stuff but the first 7" and LP were favourites back int' day.

http://x43x.blogspot.com/2008/05/torn-apart.html
avatar
xjustinx
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD

Posts : 216
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 39
Location : Portland, OR

View user profile http://myspace.com/xponchx

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck In The Past Blog Requests

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum