xSTUCK IN THE PASTX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW HATEBREED RECORD. Opinions or thoughts?

5 posters

Go down

NEW HATEBREED RECORD.  Opinions or thoughts? Empty NEW HATEBREED RECORD. Opinions or thoughts?

Post  xJKx Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:09 pm

I DL'ded it a few days ago, and played it today at work on the I-pod, and honestly, I must say that, it is definitely the most HC record they have done period, but especially since "Satisfaction...".
I am a Hatebreed fan for sure, I've bought all their albums, and I like them a lot, especially live. I guess the only gripe I've had, with all the albums between "Satisfaction..." and the new one, is that they all sound (at least to me,) very interchangeable, and those albums all have the same sound and feel throughout, which is not a bad thing really. Shit, many bands can do that, and it works for a lot of them. What I'm trying to say, is that I hoped that they would try some new things with their sound, and they have done just that. The record is more straight up HC, at least in a few of the songs, one of which, has an almost poppy (for HB anyways!) catchy riff to it, with Jasta even holding a few notes, probably as close to singing as we will ever hear, the song is catchy as hell, with cool backups, my bet this song will be the first single/video. Sorry, I don't know the name of it. Another song starts off sounding like away heavier Misfits, even with the "whoa, whoa, whoa's" I'm glad they tried some new stuff on this record, already after just one listen, I can say it is definitely the catchiest album they've done. They are still heavy as hell, still have their style down to a 'T'. Breakdowns, double bass... This is just the album I've wanted to hear from them for a long time now.
xJKx
xJKx
Padawan
Padawan

https://www.facebook.com/xjasonkolinsx

Back to top Go down

NEW HATEBREED RECORD.  Opinions or thoughts? Empty Re: NEW HATEBREED RECORD. Opinions or thoughts?

Post  Path To Misery Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:42 am

Never been one to dictate someone else's thoughts on something such as music ... but if you think the new Hatebreed has any sort of similarity to Satisfaction, you are simply out of your mind.

As for my thoughts on the album ... pure garbage. I stuck by Hatebreed all the way through up until Supremacy. New shit sounds like fucking War Of Ages (I even like War Of Ages, just not when Hatebreed sounds like them).

Whether you like it or not ... to say it is similar to Satisfaction is just fucking nuts.

Path To Misery
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

http://pathtomisery.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

NEW HATEBREED RECORD.  Opinions or thoughts? Empty Re: NEW HATEBREED RECORD. Opinions or thoughts?

Post  xJKx Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:36 pm

Opinions are opinions. I didn't say that it sounds like "Satisfaction...", I just said that in my opinion, it is the most HC sounding record they have done since then.
xJKx
xJKx
Padawan
Padawan

https://www.facebook.com/xjasonkolinsx

Back to top Go down

Post  Path To Misery Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:40 pm

I literally laugh out loud every time I listen to this new one. At least Supremacy was just boring and makes me not want to listen to it (other than Destroy Everything, of course).

Path To Misery
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

http://pathtomisery.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  blasphemour Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:45 pm

I'm glad to see Wayne back in the band, but I just can't get into this. They need to go back to stealing Entombed and Slayer riffs.

blasphemour
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  jav Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:04 pm

i would say its the LEAST hardcore sounding record since Satisfaction... i think that with every release it's just gotten more and more redundant. Perseverance is a record where i can listen to EVERY song, and i couldnt do that with any record since. theres too much singing on the new one. musically and sonically its good, but i cant get behind it 100%
jav
jav
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

http://www.bestoftimesoc.blogspot.com www.alloverthistown.com ww

Back to top Go down

Post  anthony Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:22 pm

im shocked that anyone likes this band honestly, and i totally blame them for bros showing up at legit hardcore shows.

i saw them recently with VOD (awesome) and Earth Crisis (awesome), and... well, hatebreed. that was the most obnoxious crowd ever, maybe it's because i live in ct, but i dunno, they just really draw out the lowest common denominator.

for ever 1 hardcore kid, there were like 5 racist skin heads, and like 10 harley davidson bikers over the age of 50. just...gross.

i actually punched some fat dude in the face as hard as i could during VOD's set because they were literally just punching people. not dancing, not bro moshing, just punching people... while wearing a sleeveless leather vest with no shirt on.

uggg.

when i first moved to new haven, my partner and i were walking my dog down town and jasta almost ran us over in some pimped out jetta.

his 'newish' band is even worse, using homophobic lyrics, and guest vocals by Ice-T. (no, seriously)

everything that is wrong with hardcore is hatebreed.

blah, whatever. to each their own.

stillborn fest is okay, because i can usually get in for free, and the opening bands are pretty rad. last year sick of it all opened so word.
anthony
anthony
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down