xSTUCK IN THE PASTX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Morning Again Reunion

+3
mikexpresley
xchipxsem
XMichaelX
7 posters

Go down

Morning Again Reunion Empty Morning Again Reunion

Post  XMichaelX Fri May 14, 2010 6:00 am

What is the feeling here?

Is the line-up play still all Straight Edge?

Where in Florida is the show likely to be, line ups etc?

XMichaelX
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Morning Again Reunion Empty Re: Morning Again Reunion

Post  xchipxsem Sat May 15, 2010 9:11 pm

Being that I had been the one bothering John to do this for upwards of 10 years, I am very excited. The lineup is not all straight edge but there are no filler members. The lineup will be the same as the last record. The band may have been a vegan straight edge band but lyrically they never had songs about either topic. if anyone has a problem with them doing their reunion, its simple...don't go.
The show is going to be early August in Miami but no set date has been made yet.
xchipxsem
xchipxsem
Straight Edge Mafia

http://howsyouredge.com/swap/display.php?page=1265

Back to top Go down

Post  mikexpresley Sun May 16, 2010 5:06 am

feelings? i feel fucking GOOD. really fucking GOOD. TRASH YOUR CROSS!
mikexpresley
mikexpresley
Padawan
Padawan

https://www.facebook.com/mikexpresley www.myspace.com/mikepresley

Back to top Go down

Post  joeyPig Sun May 16, 2010 9:02 am

individually.. people are awesome.. collectively they become this swirling mass of obtrusively stupid moronicy.

Example: scene kid 1: OMFG "x" are back together!!! scene kid 2: yeah but the one member of "x" doesn't tie his shoes the same way as he used to so they need to change their name. scene kid 1: i know.. and they put out a new record but it sucks because their old stuff was better. (this is the typical and standard response to any older band who puts out a new record.)

please take time to familiarize and commit this to memory if you're new to the game..

1.) Be tough at all times.
2.) Ankles are tough so bring your socks down into your shoes so we can see them.
3.) Tattoos are tough especially when they are on your calves. See Rule 2 on how to see sed tattoo more clearly.
4.) Wear your hoody in the mosh pit because sweating like a wild pig makes you look tough.
5.) Don't admit you listen to heavy metal.
6.) (Exception to rule 5) Only admit you listen to heavy metal if you think it is ironic and you wear 80's cheese metal shirts.
7.) Real hardcore fans are called kids.
8.) Complain how hardcore bands are playing with metal bands at all costs!
9.) Have your own zine, website, production company or be in a band. Claim you are friends with the singer from Shai Hulud.
10.) Refer to bands as old school or new school then act tough again.

these are only a few of many rules that we, the fans of the hardcore genre, must abide by. as for Morning Again getting back together.. my official response is.. "WTF they're not vagan anymore.? F them." and my true response is.. "man i'm F'in stoked to see them again i loved'em way back when and i'll love seeing and hearing them once again"
joeyPig
joeyPig
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Scotticus Mon May 17, 2010 12:13 am

I'd love to see them....very much so...they should play a north-east show because driving to miami sounds ludicrous right about now.
Scotticus
Scotticus
Padawan
Padawan

http://www.myspace.com/ancestor

Back to top Go down

Post  joeyPig Wed May 19, 2010 9:27 am

i got "to die a bitter death 7" for 50 cents yesterday. just sayin.
joeyPig
joeyPig
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Path To Misery Sat May 22, 2010 9:29 am

Let's be honest ... it's kinda lame. It's also kinda cool, however, whenever people can put aside past difference to get together and do something that will make other people happy and will probably enjoy themselves once they get started. I'd go if it was closer.

Path To Misery
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

http://pathtomisery.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  xchipxsem Sat May 22, 2010 11:10 am

Path To Misery wrote:Let's be honest ... it's kinda lame. It's also kinda cool, however, whenever people can put aside past difference to get together and do something that will make other people happy and will probably enjoy themselves once they get started. I'd go if it was closer.

Why is it lame?
xchipxsem
xchipxsem
Straight Edge Mafia

http://howsyouredge.com/swap/display.php?page=1265

Back to top Go down

Post  rob mafia Sat May 22, 2010 8:20 pm

i'm not him (obviously), but imo... nearly all reunion shows/tours are lame. the bands broke up, typically for good reason. the reunions are generally half-assed, and seemingly with not the best intentions ($$$. ie: the yot/GB reunions, etc)

plus, with how (90s, at least) hc was largely socio-political... in most cases, the band getting back together to play old material ends up being hypocritical/ironic/lame. then again, some bands were sorta like that, to begin with (ie: one king down having songs about animal rights/veganism, when only rob was vegan, etc).

maybe it's just me, but it seems pretty ridiculous to be playing drums (or whatever) for a song about that, while eating a big mac, before the show.

there are few exceptions to this, largely with bands who broke up due to bizarro circumstances or whatever... but yeah.

edit: as a general rule, i boycotted reunions. made an exception for turmoil, as they were an exception to the rule... were, being the key word, i guess.

rob mafia
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Path To Misery Thu May 27, 2010 10:13 am

Money? Yeah right ... the bands could probably make more at their day jobs than what they make on these reunions. I think Gorilla Biscuits were the only band doing a reunion to straight up cash in. They were pulling in like $5000 a night on a full US tour.

Keep in mind I said I don't care and support people doing it as long as someone is enjoying themselves, but to act like it will be the same as when the band was initially out there doing their thing is laughable. To try and recapture an energy that existed when youthful rebellion and sociopolitical concerns were the driving force of the band while being apathetic in your mid-30s is not going to happen.

But once again ... if people are enjoying and having fun ... that's what is important. Like I said ... I'd be there if it was closer. I'd also slit my throat on the dance floor if Abnegation (same boat as Morning Again) did a reunion show.

Path To Misery
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

http://pathtomisery.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rob mafia Thu May 27, 2010 3:46 pm

Path To Misery wrote:Money? Yeah right ... the bands could probably make more at their day jobs than what they make on these reunions. I think Gorilla Biscuits were the only band doing a reunion to straight up cash in. They were pulling in like $5000 a night on a full US tour.

there's a reason why i mentioned them AND yot. yot made good money...

Path To Misery wrote:
Keep in mind I said I don't care and support people doing it as long as someone is enjoying themselves, but to act like it will be the same as when the band was initially out there doing their thing is laughable. To try and recapture an energy that existed when youthful rebellion and sociopolitical concerns were the driving force of the band while being apathetic in your mid-30s is not going to happen.

that's why they're generally lame, imo. if one's apathetic and lost the passion for it... then why play?

Path To Misery wrote:
But once again ... if people are enjoying and having fun ... that's what is important. Like I said ... I'd be there if it was closer. I'd also slit my throat on the dance floor if Abnegation (same boat as Morning Again) did a reunion show.

ha, that would be an even worse/bigger departure from that era boat.

haha. that reminds me... in the late 90's seeing iggy eating a cheesecake in pittsburgh, with "VEGAN POWER" in huge letters on his legs. it was a wtflol. probably shouldn't have mentioned this, it was a 'had to be there' thing...

rob mafia
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down