xSTUCK IN THE PASTX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zed Records tribute page on Facebook

+2
jav
Andrew Jacobs
6 posters

Go down

Zed Records tribute page on Facebook Empty Zed Records tribute page on Facebook

Post  Andrew Jacobs Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:19 am

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/ZeD-Records/83696558919

I'm guessing that the vast majority of y'all have never been to or heard of this record store. It was one of the all time greats in the '80s and '90s.
Andrew Jacobs
Andrew Jacobs
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Back to top Go down

Zed Records tribute page on Facebook Empty Re: Zed Records tribute page on Facebook

Post  jav Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:19 pm

best fucking 3 dollar shirt box. i still have my Burn shirt from that.

also, awesome hangs with Hot Rod Todd, before he got the hot rod and drug habit. when it was him and Andrew Reizuch talking about christian hardcore.

good store. do miss.

would rather see a Noise Noise Noise tribute page. and not on facebook.
jav
jav
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

http://www.bestoftimesoc.blogspot.com www.alloverthistown.com ww

Back to top Go down

Zed Records tribute page on Facebook Empty Re: Zed Records tribute page on Facebook

Post  Andrew Jacobs Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:07 pm

jav wrote:would rather see a Noise Noise Noise tribute page. and not on facebook.
Noise Noise Noise was pretty cool but I always felt like I was in someone's house when I was there. Not a good feeling.

After Zed, I gotta go with Vinyl Solution. One of my regular hang-outs from '91 until well into the early 2000s.
Andrew Jacobs
Andrew Jacobs
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  xMarlonx Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:11 am

Jake wrote:
jav wrote:would rather see a Noise Noise Noise tribute page. and not on facebook.
Noise Noise Noise was pretty cool but I always felt like I was in someone's house when I was there. Not a good feeling.

After Zed, I gotta go with Vinyl Solution. One of my regular hang-outs from '91 until well into the early 2000s.

Zed's was an awesome place to go and buy records, homemade shirt, and just chill. Sucks they had to close because of the stupid neighbors started complaining. After Zed's it was Bionic Records in Cypress and Headline records in Melrose. once in a blue moon I'd go to Vinyl Solution.
xMarlonx
xMarlonx
Padawan
Padawan

http://www.myspace.com/therealcolorvinyl

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Jacobs Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:11 am

Zed Records tribute page on Facebook 63629073

Zed Records tribute page on Facebook 29720719
Andrew Jacobs
Andrew Jacobs
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  XemonerdX Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:23 am

xMarlonx wrote:After Zed's it was Bionic Records in Cypress and Headline records in Melrose. once in a blue moon I'd go to Vinyl Solution.
I'll be in LA again in mid-late October... Last time I was there, 7 years ago or so, Headline had a pretty good selection (esp considering the record stores we have out here), tho no 'surprising' finds. Are they still around? What about that Taang! record store that was also on Melrose (if I remember correctly it was Taang!)? What are the best record stores around right now?

XemonerdX
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

http://onexpath.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Jacobs Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:38 am

XemonerdX wrote:
xMarlonx wrote:After Zed's it was Bionic Records in Cypress and Headline records in Melrose. once in a blue moon I'd go to Vinyl Solution.
I'll be in LA again in mid-late October... Last time I was there, 7 years ago or so, Headline had a pretty good selection (esp considering the record stores we have out here), tho no 'surprising' finds. Are they still around? What about that Taang! record store that was also on Melrose (if I remember correctly it was Taang!)? What are the best record stores around right now?
http://www.amoeba.com/
Andrew Jacobs
Andrew Jacobs
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  fatnip Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:51 am

Wow no mention of "On The Edge" records. Good old Igby and Chris Bonesaw. I got there the first day ti opened and Igby sold me a Break down the walls on red for $50 bucks. good scores in there.

fatnip
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Jacobs Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:22 am

fatnip wrote:Wow no mention of "On The Edge" records. Good old Igby and Chris Bonesaw. I got there the first day ti opened and Igby sold me a Break down the walls on red for $50 bucks. good scores in there.
Seal Beach/Los Alamitos area, right? I went there once or twice. I found out that Rev was gonna be re-releasing the No For An Answer - You Laugh EP on CD at that store. Seeing as how NFAA was (and still is) one of my top two all time favorite O.C. bands, I was pretty stoked to say the very least.
Andrew Jacobs
Andrew Jacobs
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  fatnip Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:34 pm

I love NFAA. I have the I spy guy tattooed on my leg. awesome first tattoo.

fatnip
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Jacobs Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:58 pm

fatnip wrote:I love NFAA. I have the I spy guy tattooed on my leg. awesome first tattoo.
My first tattoo was an NFAA one as well - the screaming face image on the You Laugh EP lyric sheet. It's since been covered up but not because I stopped liking NFAA (LONG story).
Andrew Jacobs
Andrew Jacobs
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheesegrater Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:25 pm

I was heartbroken when Noise3 closed.

Vinyl Solution FTW.

Cheesegrater
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down