xSTUCK IN THE PASTX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hellfish - caveat emptor

4 posters

Go down

hellfish - caveat emptor Empty hellfish - caveat emptor

Post  rob mafia Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:50 pm

placed an order with hellfish, after an email exchange, regarding their integrity hooded zip-up "sweatshirt" (where they basically lied to me to convince me to buy the POS)

the result:

- 2 missing shirts.

- overcharged for shipping: paid for ups ground, but shipped via cheapass usps (and literally just stuffed in a yellow envelope...

- hoodie is a COMPLETE piece of shit. the cut is terrible, the proportions are ridiculous, it's not even a sweatshirt (long sleeved hooded shirt), and it looks substantially different than the image on their website. if the site accurately portrayed it, i would have never made the order, to begin with.

- after i contacted them, AJ refused a return/refund, and told me i'd have to pay for THREE shipping charges if i wanted the crappy hoodie in a different crappy size (???) - as if that was my issue. he ignored the other problems.

ie: shoddy products, fraudulent images of said shoddy products, inept order packing, fraudulent shipping charges, and shitty customer (dis)service.

seriously - worst 'scene' purchase i've ever had. and i once bought a record from rick ta life.

fuck hellfish.

rob mafia
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

hellfish - caveat emptor Empty Re: hellfish - caveat emptor

Post  blasphemour Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:05 pm

I bought the red discharge Integrity zip up like a year ago. Shit is pretty quality. Only issue I had was they sent me 2 by mistake. I let them know, but they would rather me keep it than send me a return label. So I did alright.

blasphemour
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  rob mafia Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:09 pm

hahaha.

sounds like the exact opposite experience i had.

rob mafia
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  mikexpresley Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:09 pm

i ordered a few super sale items from them about a year ago. took a few weeks longer than i wanted it to, but other than that my order went pretty well.
mikexpresley
mikexpresley
Padawan
Padawan

https://www.facebook.com/mikexpresley www.myspace.com/mikepresley

Back to top Go down

Post  rob mafia Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:28 pm

(update in case anyone gives a shit)

i'm not sure if they were lying about the 'can't do refunds' (more specifically, they claimed that their credit card processor charges them a $15 fee for chargebacks, and thought that a refund was a chargeback. i had to inform them that it's not. can't say for sure if they were playing dumb or simply didn't know) or if they were just genuinely naive in that aspect (could be understandable/the case if they're a relatively new business... which i think they might be. i dunno)... regardless, those are the facts, i'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

i ended up sending the stuff back and getting a refund. so i'm only out the shipping charge to mail it back, which isn't a big deal.

ie: they did eventually pretty much 'make it right,' in the end and i don't feel gipped, anymore.

rob mafia
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  XemonerdX Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:26 am

I've not dealt with Hellfish a lot, however I can relay one positive story tho... On the first Euro tour of The Effort the band was selling a European tour version of their 'Iconoclasm' LP. The tour-sleeves however weren't done in time for the tour, so the band sold them without a sleeve and a hand-written message on the inner sleeve to send an email to Hellfish with the specific LP number and snailmail address. Did that, and about a month/2 months later the tour sleeve arrived, in a padded LP mailer. Pretty cool hand-numbered screenprinted sleeve as well. The postage for all those sleeves, all to Europe, must've set em (and/or The Effort) back quite a bit.

XemonerdX
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

http://onexpath.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down