xSTUCK IN THE PASTX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portland, OR.....Vancouver, WA

3 posters

Go down

Portland, OR.....Vancouver, WA Empty Portland, OR.....Vancouver, WA

Post  tahir Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:57 am

been thinking of the idea of re-locating to Portland.
does anybody know of any tattoo shops in or around Portland or Vancouver, WA?
website links would be very much appreciated.

thanks in advance.
-Troy.

tahir
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Portland, OR.....Vancouver, WA Empty Re: Portland, OR.....Vancouver, WA

Post  xjustinx Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:54 pm

Vancouver is basically a meth ridden suburb of Portland. If possible, avoid moving there. We do have some pretty sweet tattoo shops around here, including Scapegoat, which is 100% vegan. There's also Oddball (I got my sleeve done there), Atlas, Infinity, and some others.
You can find pretty affordable housing in lower Southeast/Northeast Portland, and you'll be centrally located to a multitude of vegan businesses.
xjustinx
xjustinx
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD

http://myspace.com/xponchx

Back to top Go down

Post  tahir Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:48 pm

xjustinx wrote:Vancouver is basically a meth ridden suburb of Portland. If possible, avoid moving there. We do have some pretty sweet tattoo shops around here, including Scapegoat, which is 100% vegan. There's also Oddball (I got my sleeve done there), Atlas, Infinity, and some others.
You can find pretty affordable housing in lower Southeast/Northeast Portland, and you'll be centrally located to a multitude of vegan businesses.

interesting.
thanks for the info Justin, Vancouver was mentioned by a friend that wants to open a shop out there.... he basically just said it was a bunch of rockers ha.
portland has crazy tattoo laws, that from what i understand require a tattooer to be licensed, which requires testing, fees etc.
i'm not entirely opposed to testing, but not into paying to be able to tattoo, when i can do it for free elsewhere.

i'll have to give it a little more thought as to where i would go, and look a little more inot the laws concerning tattooing.

thanks again!
hope all is well.
take care.
-Troy.

tahir
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  xjustinx Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:58 am

Working in Vancouver would probably be fine. I just think you would much prefer to live in Portland.
xjustinx
xjustinx
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD

Back to top Go down

Post  jav Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:13 pm

Troy Till Death wrote:
xjustinx wrote:Vancouver is basically a meth ridden suburb of Portland. If possible, avoid moving there. We do have some pretty sweet tattoo shops around here, including Scapegoat, which is 100% vegan. There's also Oddball (I got my sleeve done there), Atlas, Infinity, and some others.

interesting.
thanks for the info Justin, Vancouver was mentioned by a friend that wants to open a shop out there.... he basically just said it was a bunch of rockers ha.
portland has crazy tattoo laws, that from what i understand require a tattooer to be licensed, which requires testing, fees etc.
i'm not entirely opposed to testing, but not into paying to be able to tattoo, when i can do it for free elsewhere.

i'll have to give it a little more thought as to where i would go, and look a little more inot the laws concerning tattooing.

thanks again!
hope all is well.
take care.
-Troy.

i have worked in cosmetology for 11 years. its an industry where you not only have to pay to be able to do it, but you have to go to school for a year just to learn how to take the test to get your license.

the laws that govern salons and beauty schools are crazy. for instance, if you have a hair clip on your sleeve, you get a 50 dollar fine (it goes up the more times you get an infraction) and if you are NOT a barber shop and have a barber pole outside, its a 500 dollar fine.

anyway, i have a friend relocating to Portland and it made me think about moving there too. i love the PNW.
jav
jav
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

http://www.bestoftimesoc.blogspot.com www.alloverthistown.com ww

Back to top Go down

Post  xjustinx Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:31 pm

I'm doing my best to never move here. I love Portland.
xjustinx
xjustinx
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum