xSTUCK IN THE PASTX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terrible bands/artists whose records you own or have owned

+6
Cheesegrater
rob mafia
coltonxvx
letsstarttoday
jav
Andrew Jacobs
10 posters

Go down

Terrible bands/artists whose records you own or have owned Empty Terrible bands/artists whose records you own or have owned

Post  Andrew Jacobs Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:36 am

Here's my list off the top of my head:

Limp Bizkit (they were my favorite band 10 years ago)
Insane Clown Posse
Vanilla Ice
New Kids On The Block
Milli Vanilli
MC Hammer
No Doubt
Britney Spears

I'll post more later.
Andrew Jacobs
Andrew Jacobs
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Back to top Go down

Terrible bands/artists whose records you own or have owned Empty Re: Terrible bands/artists whose records you own or have owned

Post  jav Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:07 pm

triggerman
ice
enswell
suppression swing
third degree
bury your dead
eighteen visions
baby gopal, hifi and the roadburners, electric frankenstein
line drive
jav
jav
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

http://www.bestoftimesoc.blogspot.com www.alloverthistown.com ww

Back to top Go down

Terrible bands/artists whose records you own or have owned Empty Re: Terrible bands/artists whose records you own or have owned

Post  Andrew Jacobs Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:29 pm

jav wrote:triggerman
ice
enswell
Why do you hate me?
Andrew Jacobs
Andrew Jacobs
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  jav Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:45 pm

dear jake

i do not hate you, but i will give a very clear explanation of why i dont appreciate you. there is a distinct difference.

i feel that you are truly stuck in the past, in the sense that your view of hardcore is so narrow minded that you only promote bands affiliated with Sloth Crew or stuff from before 1993.

who cares about the singer of Game Face's solo record? who cares about 5 things you miss about ICE? I just don't think that this (SITP blog) is the proper forum for it, and i resent it, and i feel that you should get your own platform to promote what you care about, because it's clogging up the blog and forums.

i dont expect you or anyone to care about what i have to say, and im just being a fucker by talking shit about those bands, or reacting to you. i LOVED triggerman back in the day, but it hasnt stood the test of time and even i dont care about that shit right now.

just my opinion, my two cents. im sure youre a great guy, i just cant stand behind what you post.

the end, ill try to keep it b33f free from now on,

jav
jav
jav
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Jacobs Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:47 pm

Fair enough. I was sort of kidding when I asked why you hated me anyway.

You do bring up some interesting points though. The truth of the matter is my '90s hardcore knowledge is rather limited as I was only heavily into it from '90 until about '94 and it was mostly Southern California (and Orange County specifically) bands that I went to shows of and listened to.

The one unique thing that I think I do bring to the SITP table is access to many of the main players in the '90s SoCal hardcore scene. Admittedly, it's my brother and not me who is good friends with all of those people but the fact remains that I can cover that period of time and location in hardcore far better than you, Chip or Justin. And while it may not have the audience that the stuff that you 3 post does, I feel (and I hope that Chip and Justin do too) that it is important and interesting enough to be posted on the blog.

However, Chip and Justin ultimately have final say over what gets posted, so if they don't want something of mine on the blog, they're welcome to remove it and tell me not to post stuff like that anymore and, of course, I certainly won't. As of now though, they haven't said anything to me, so I assume that I'm good for the time being.

Peace,

Jake
Andrew Jacobs
Andrew Jacobs
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  letsstarttoday Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Jake wrote:Here's my list off the top of my head:

Limp Bizkit (they were my favorite band 10 years ago)

Whoa whoa whoa. You will give 3 Dollar Bill Y'all all the respect it is due Cool
letsstarttoday
letsstarttoday
Padawan
Padawan

http://www.myspace.com/letsstarttoday

Back to top Go down

Post  jav Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:35 pm

Jake wrote:Fair enough. I was sort of kidding when I asked why you hated me anyway.

You do bring up some interesting points though. The truth of the matter is my '90s hardcore knowledge is rather limited as I was only heavily into it from '90 until about '94 and it was mostly Southern California (and Orange County specifically) bands that I went to shows of and listened to.

The one unique thing that I think I do bring to the SITP table is access to many of the main players in the '90s SoCal hardcore scene. Admittedly, it's my brother and not me who is good friends with all of those people but the fact remains that I can cover that period of time and location in hardcore far better than you, Chip or Justin. And while it may not have the audience that the stuff that you 3 post does, I feel (and I hope that Chip and Justin do too) that it is important and interesting enough to be posted on the blog.

However, Chip and Justin ultimately have final say over what gets posted, so if they don't want something of mine on the blog, they're welcome to remove it and tell me not to post stuff like that anymore and, of course, I certainly won't. As of now though, they haven't said anything to me, so I assume that I'm good for the time being.

Peace,

Jake

and you know... i would totally be behind that if the bands you have access to would have stood the test of time.

i listened to Triggerman lp recently, and i was ashamed for having been so into them

look at the pictures of how many people watched 1134 at Liskfest

if you want to cover bands that people care about, do more about Farside, the early 90s Revelation bands, or a "where are they now", because that would be a hell of a lot more interesting than a 20 question interview with Blackspot (again, i band i love, but just dont care about"
jav
jav
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Jacobs Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:44 pm

jav wrote:
Jake wrote:Fair enough. I was sort of kidding when I asked why you hated me anyway.

Peace,

Jake

and you know... i would totally be behind that if the bands you have access to would have stood the test of time.

i listened to Triggerman lp recently, and i was ashamed for having been so into them

look at the pictures of how many people watched 1134 at Liskfest

if you want to cover bands that people care about, do more about Farside, the early 90s Revelation bands, or a "where are they now", because that would be a hell of a lot more interesting than a 20 question interview with Blackspot (again, i band i love, but just dont care about"
Speaking of Farside, I've got a write-up on Popeye's new band Your Favorite Trainwreck all ready to post as soon as they put some songs on their Myspace (sometime this month, according to them). A number of people from '90s SoCal hardcore bands are doing bands/projects now, so I've been doing posts about alot of those as well.
Andrew Jacobs
Andrew Jacobs
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  coltonxvx Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:03 pm

Live
Linkin Park
Good Charlotte

And tons more late 90s/early 2000s alt-rock, pop punk, and/or numetal.

coltonxvx
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  rob mafia Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:13 pm

hate to say it (pre - "all else failed" band).

might be the worst hc cd ever. ever.

they had decent demo tapes, though...

oh, and 18v, throwdown, etc. lolz.

rob mafia
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheesegrater Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:13 am

Good Riddance
A lot of the Ignite catalog
H2O
A ton of NYHC besides VIP, most Madball, and 25's S.T.U (off top of my head)
Bold
Strife
18V past "Until The Ink"

And, seriously Jake... Limp Bizkit was your favorite band? GTFO.

No Doubt is far from terrible.

Edit: Who the **** owns an ICP CD? Are you serious?

Cheesegrater
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  HDS7 Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:51 am

damn, this is the post about the bands you used to love, and now youre like, what the fuck was wrong with me!

i have to admit that, still, i love limp bizkit. they were my first favorite band, and i still love them. i have to also admit that if they tour in canada, i will go see them. this is the part where i start talking about my all time favorite band, faith no more, and say that i hope they also tour canada Razz

anyway... some bands in this cat would be
linkin park (2)
incubus ( i used to love them, now i cant see anything good about them)
korn
a long list of black metal bands
and various rap artists....
HDS7
HDS7
Padawan
Padawan

http://www.abridgedpause.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Jacobs Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:43 am

Cheesegrater wrote:And, seriously Jake... Limp Bizkit was your favorite band? GTFO.

From about mid '99 (when "Re-Arranged" was all over MTV) until 2001 or so, yes, Limp Bizkit was my favorite band. I wore out the first copies of Significant Other and Chocolate Starfish that I owned.

There are a few good songs on ICP's The Great Milenko (that's the only album of theirs that I've owned and heard) and "Pass Me By" is actually great IMHO. That's right folks, ICP actually has ONE great song (again, IMHO).

I own and have owned Linkin Park and Eminem records as well but I don't personally consider either terrible, so that's why I didn't list 'em before.

Oh, and I love H2O's Nothing To Prove album.
Andrew Jacobs
Andrew Jacobs
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheesegrater Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:09 am

Jake wrote:
Cheesegrater wrote:And, seriously Jake... Limp Bizkit was your favorite band? GTFO.

From about mid '99 (when "Re-Arranged" was all over MTV) until 2001 or so, yes, Limp Bizkit was my favorite band. I wore out the first copies of Significant Other and Chocolate Starfish that I owned.

There are a few good songs on ICP's The Great Milenko (that's the only album of theirs that I've owned and heard) and "Pass Me By" is actually great IMHO. That's right folks, ICP actually has ONE great song (again, IMHO).

I own and have owned Linkin Park and Eminem records as well but I don't personally consider either terrible, so that's why I didn't list 'em before.

I commend you for standing up for yourself.

Cheesegrater
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  jav Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:12 am

Cheesegrater wrote:
Jake wrote:

I commend you for standing up for yourself.

i believe all credibility is lost, and any band that Jake backs is automatically going to be lumped in with juggalo filth
jav
jav
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Jacobs Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:52 am

I can't believe nobody called me out for owning Vanilla Ice and Britney records.
Andrew Jacobs
Andrew Jacobs
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  HDS7 Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:04 am

jav wrote:i believe all credibility is lost, and any band that Jake backs is automatically going to be lumped in with juggalo filth

looool
HDS7
HDS7
Padawan
Padawan

http://www.abridgedpause.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jon Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:58 pm

jav wrote:triggerman
ice
enswell
suppression swing
third degree
bury your dead
eighteen visions
baby gopal, hifi and the roadburners, electric frankenstein
line drive

i still like the third degree ep.

unrelated, there's plenty of bands i'm sure i think are absolute crap now... i will think of some.
Jon
Jon
Padawan
Padawan

http://deadjonalive.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

I own a floorpunch CD
Jose
Jose
Padawan
Padawan

http://area43.net

Back to top Go down

Post  xgronox Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:17 am

sidetracked - just a front 7"

just an absolute terrible 7"

xgronox
Padawan
Padawan

http://www.myspace.com/grant_grono

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down