xSTUCK IN THE PASTX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frown (info appreciated)

2 posters

Go down

Frown (info appreciated) Empty Frown (info appreciated)

Post  letsstarttoday Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:41 pm

One of my friends from South County was blessed to have had this band put on her iPod, and when she put it on for me I was thoroughly stoked. But I can't really find out any info/myspace on them. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
letsstarttoday
letsstarttoday
Padawan
Padawan

http://www.myspace.com/letsstarttoday

Back to top Go down

Frown (info appreciated) Empty Re: Frown (info appreciated)

Post  jav Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:33 am

Frown was originally called Resist, and originally part of the "spirit filled hardcore" scene. Just a bunch of skaters who were mostly christian dudes playing. i guess it was around 1994-1995.
The singer was named Joey Karam, and he was a little dude with a big nose. He was a funny guy, did stuff like wear a Spiderman mask when Integrity played, colored his whole hand black and said it was "the world's biggest X".
Resist had a demo and then changed their name to Frown. They played Outspoken's last show at the Ice House in Fullerton. They had one song on the Indecision Records comp GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION after they changed their name to Frown. A 12"/LP was recorded and supposed to come out on Igby's Ammunition Records label, but the band folded and Igby knew that he wouldnt make any money off of a small OC band's posthumous record. That's probably the recording you heard, and it's actually fairly elusive.
Joey went on to do a radio show on KUCI in 1996/1997. We used to stay up late and call in and harass him and tape the show (on cassettes). A few good bands played on his show, like Palefire and 1134.
Joey went on to play keyboards in Le Shok and eventually The Locust, which was quite a departure from the bands he was in before.

thats just off the top of my head.
jav
jav
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

http://www.bestoftimesoc.blogspot.com www.alloverthistown.com ww

Back to top Go down