xSTUCK IN THE PASTX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VHS conversion... old shows (1995-2000ish)

2 posters

Go down

VHS conversion... old shows (1995-2000ish) Empty VHS conversion... old shows (1995-2000ish)

Post  ry-bunal Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:04 pm

i just found a shit-ton vhs tapes that i had stored at my moms house... tons of OLD shit.

drowningman, 40days rain, refused, skycamefalling, motive, forever and a day, for the love of, catharsis, coundown to oblivion, the swarm, new day rising, ire, cave in, botch, jesuit, reversal of man, barrit, zao, acrid, hwm, converge, coalesce, boysetsfire... and on and on...

what would be a good way to get them converted?

ry-bunal
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

VHS conversion... old shows (1995-2000ish) Empty Re: VHS conversion... old shows (1995-2000ish)

Post  joeyPig Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:15 am

you have a couple options.. i started with something called a "Dazzle Digital Video Creator 150" it's a little box that connects to your pc then you connect a vcr to it and the software that comes with it captures and lets you burn/edit/cut and/or convert to any format you want. the fastest and easiest way tho is to get a settop standalone dvd vhs recorder.. all you need to do with this is put in the vhs tape and blank dvdr and play/record. this option won't allow you to cut or edit anything but there's tons of software on the web that'll allow you to rip the burnt disc, convert it to any format you'd like and edit/cut.. ect.. away. the way i do it is i'll rip a burnt disc to an iso file, mount it using daemon tools and just edit the vob files then with the edited vob files you can either have the original format so you can re-burn to disc so there's no loss in quality or convert it to a format for the inturdweb. also.. it's been abot 5 or 6 years now and i'm still waiting for that an acer lost split lp haha Wink
joeyPig
joeyPig
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down