xSTUCK IN THE PASTX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

18v unreleased session..

+3
jav
xchipxsem
hcj31
7 posters

Go down

18v unreleased session.. Empty 18v unreleased session..

Post  hcj31 Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:24 am

Thanks for posting this. I dig old 18v. I first got into them via the "SXE - Rise of a New Era" comp. It led me to buying "Yesterday Is Time Killed". That is still my favorite 18v record. I also like the "horrible" "Lifeless" ep. It's classic late 90's metallic vegan hardcore. I slowly lost interest as they went on. "Until The Ink Runs Out" was good but I lost all interest by the time "Vanity" hit. Love them or hate them they were important to the late 90's metallic hardcore era. Also on a somewhat related subject, does anybody remember a southern california hardcore band "Cain"? Dave Peters played guitar for them after or during his short time with 18v. I tracked down someone on the old rev swap board and he had some demo sessions from "Cain" cuz he played bass for them. Anyway he was supposed to send me a cdr with all the demos but he never did so my question is, does anybody have demos from, or know any other info on this band? I am interested in hearing them. By the way, Joel has a "Cain" shirt on in the pic inside of the Disembodied "If God Only Knew.." Ep booklet. Don't know if that helps, but I figure its the band I think it is knowing how much Disembodied thought of OC as their second home.
hcj31
hcj31
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

18v unreleased session.. Empty Re: 18v unreleased session..

Post  xchipxsem Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:22 am

I always wondered about Cain as well. I dont have anything from them though...Jav?
xchipxsem
xchipxsem
Straight Edge Mafia

http://howsyouredge.com/swap/display.php?page=1265

Back to top Go down

Post  jav Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:19 pm

i know i have the insert to the cain demo. ill have to dig for it, though. i honestly wasnt into that band. it was Phil White singing, who later formed God's Iron Tooth. Dave Peters played guitar for a while after he left 18V. This kid Marshall Lally played bass, and he was actually the first one to introduce everyone to Disembodied, and they would always stay at his enormous house.

thanks for posting these 18V tracks.
jav
jav
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

http://www.bestoftimesoc.blogspot.com www.alloverthistown.com ww

Back to top Go down

Post  HDS7 Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:50 pm

what i would like to find is the Macabre demo.... what can you tell us about that Jav?
HDS7
HDS7
Padawan
Padawan

http://www.abridgedpause.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rob mafia Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:56 am

while we're on the subject... ever find that sever demo? hahaha

rob mafia
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  jav Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:27 pm

the first name of 18 Visions was actually DANTE.. like the poet. that stuck for maybe one show, then it became Macabre, but they actually got a few heckles and soon changed it to XVIII Visions, with the 18 coming from the 6's.

the lineup of Macabre was James singing (with blonde dreads), Ken on drums, Dave Peters on guitar, Billie Sisler on bass and Jeff Bouldt on guitar. they recorded 4 songs, 3 of which are on the "lifeless" cd and the other one ended up on "yesterday is time killed". im sure it was a pretty crappy recording, and i never actually owned one.

around this time, James would drink Newman's Own salad dressing to coat his throat and make his voice sound better. there would always be a bottle sitting on the back of the bass amp.

Ritchie Taylor took over on bass around the time of the name change to 18 Visions. RT played bass in Xessive forceX and was apparently so bad on bass that Dave would turn the bass amp down, and RT would just turn his back to the audience and "hop around like a troll" as they would later tell me.

i played bass in Enewetak for a time, and when Toby returned to reclaim his place as bass player, James and Ken approached me about trying out for their band. i remember showing up to the practice and forgetting my strap, so i took a shoelace out and tied it to my bass. they were surprised that i could actually play bass, and i was in.

we played a show with Earth Crisis at Showcase Theatre, and James, Dave, and Ken took Karl to the Del Taco down the street because Karl really wanted to try beanfry. they were late coming back, and Jeff and I were waiting on stage, our instruments plugged in, staring at each other and waiting for the rest of the band to show up. This could have possibly been the show where the picture of me jumping off of Matt Webber's back in the "lifeless" cd layout was taken.. but anyway Jeff was wearing i think either Dickie's denim overalls, or carpenter jeans, a plaid shirt, black creepers and some eyeliner. James and Dave were upset that he would wear such a getup while playing a show with fucking EARTH CRISIS, and kicked him out of the band. true story.

anyway, i dont know anyone who has that Macabre demo, but ill ask around. would be a good find. i do have a cassette of Ken's pre-18V outfit called OUTCAST, which i believe had a photo of a dead fetus on the cover, promoting their Christianity. Sean from Palefire also played in Outcast.

rob, i totally forgot about the Sever demo, but ill have you know that i sent Justin a copy of the Palefire demo, along with a live recording from the radio. hopefully that'll surface soon.

still looking for my Cain demo as well.
jav
jav
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  rob mafia Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:37 pm

hahaha. i forgot about wanting the pale fire demo, too. haha.

rob mafia
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  tahir Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:50 pm

i'll have to look around for the Macabre demo. i know i had one, i'll go through some boxes to see if i still have it.

tahir
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  hcj31 Fri May 21, 2010 6:19 am

I was digging around through boxes of old stuff..and I found this 18v releated item. I found my copy of the First Day Somber ep.."Watch Out She's Contagious". Got it from Ken via snail mail years ago. Got the full color cover sleeve and all. Didn't listen to this more than a couple times as it's not good as 18v's stuff in my opinion.. but it's not too bad. Ken played guitar and James played bass.
hcj31
hcj31
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  Path To Misery Sat May 22, 2010 9:27 am

Let's get all of the shit talked about in this topic posted.

Path To Misery
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

http://pathtomisery.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rob mafia Sat May 22, 2010 8:13 pm

start with the sever demo! haha

rob mafia
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  jav Mon May 24, 2010 1:59 pm

i came up on a Macabre demo.

4 songs, 3 of which were on lifeless and 1 ended up on yesterday is time killed.

ill try and transfer them one of these days.
jav
jav
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  hcj31 Tue May 25, 2010 4:39 am

awesome
hcj31
hcj31
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down