xSTUCK IN THE PASTX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7TH GENERATION VEGAN STRAIGHT EDGE BAND FROM THE 90S

+6
Kimmo
marktheshark
xjustinx
rob mafia
jav
2009munyon
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

7TH GENERATION VEGAN STRAIGHT EDGE BAND FROM THE 90S Empty 7TH GENERATION VEGAN STRAIGHT EDGE BAND FROM THE 90S

Post  2009munyon Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:40 am

ANYONE HAVE THAT SHIT???

2009munyon
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

7TH GENERATION VEGAN STRAIGHT EDGE BAND FROM THE 90S Empty Re: 7TH GENERATION VEGAN STRAIGHT EDGE BAND FROM THE 90S

Post  jav Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:12 am

where are you coming from with this shit?

this band was terrible. i made out with the drummer once (her name was Robin, she was a girl). i see a couple of the dudes around here and there. i think John "Edge With Dreads" was in the band though.

7th Generation the brand > 7th Generation the band
jav
jav
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

http://www.bestoftimesoc.blogspot.com www.alloverthistown.com ww

Back to top Go down

7TH GENERATION VEGAN STRAIGHT EDGE BAND FROM THE 90S Empty Re: 7TH GENERATION VEGAN STRAIGHT EDGE BAND FROM THE 90S

Post  rob mafia Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:42 pm

are 7th generation and 7 generations different bands? i mean... are there two?

rob mafia
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  2009munyon Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:26 pm

7th generation was a 90s vegan straight edge band

2009munyon
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  rob mafia Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:45 pm

yeah, i read. but since 7 generations was a vegan sxe band that sounded like 90s...

rob mafia
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  2009munyon Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:07 pm

2009munyon
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  xjustinx Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:51 pm

I've never actually heard this band, but always heard they were terrible.
xjustinx
xjustinx
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD

http://myspace.com/xponchx

Back to top Go down

Post  2009munyon Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:56 pm

they dont sound that bad

2009munyon
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  rob mafia Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:02 pm

wait a minute... did robin have a bigass backpiece? if so, i stayed with her (and sasha) for a while... she was cool, her bf seemed like a real douche, though.

edit: nevermind, it is. hahahahahhahahaha.

hahahahahahahahhaha

the first vid linked on the youtube page is lael. i forgot all about that total idiot.

and i still can't get over that there was an OC band called 7th generation... and then a couple years later, there's another OC band... called 7 generations. wtf.

this thread has brought me plenty of lolz.

all it's missing now is a vid of "hardline dawn."

rob mafia
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  2009munyon Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:37 pm

how was that girl lael an idiot?

2009munyon
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  jav Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:12 pm

7th Generation was around in like 1996. Doubt they ever did anything besides play at Koos and maybe go to some protests. They honestly werent that good, but they were cool dudes. I doubt that any of them really stayed in hardcore past 2000.

we used to have fun calling Mother's Market when Hardline Dawn worked there and ask her
"whats in the JUST YAMS?"

Sasha X-Paw is a whole other can of worms. Shes awesome.
jav
jav
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  rob mafia Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:26 am

yeah, sasha ruled. she was one of the awesomest people i ever met. i hope everything's been well with her... it's been like 11 years. haha.

as for lael - have you ever had a conversation with her/heard her talk? god damn. while begrudgingly hanging out with her, she was giving a sxe "workshop," in which she did zero preparation. which is fine for non-tards. but she just kept stammering that people should be sxe so that they're not drunk when they're protesting. i, of all people, actually couldn't bear it and had to bail her out. and if anyone knows me/how much i detest stupids, that says a lot.

now that i think about it, it's kinda like eva gather in that awful vegan thread on notpop, where she just kept talking out of her ass, and had zero facts (ie: 'going vegan saves 600 billion animals per year!')...

rob mafia
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

7TH GENERATION VEGAN STRAIGHT EDGE BAND FROM THE 90S Empty Lael?

Post  marktheshark Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:01 am

2009munyon wrote:how was that girl lael an idiot?

Dude! If Lael is the same that I am thinking of, she used to be my roomate when I was dating Dean(Christina). Small fucking world. Anyone have their contact?

marktheshark
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

http://addandhardcore.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  marktheshark Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:02 am

jav wrote:7th Generation was around in like 1996. Doubt they ever did anything besides play at Koos and maybe go to some protests. They honestly werent that good, but they were cool dudes. I doubt that any of them really stayed in hardcore past 2000.

we used to have fun calling Mother's Market when Hardline Dawn worked there and ask her
"whats in the JUST YAMS?"

Sasha X-Paw is a whole other can of worms. Shes awesome.

Dead and Lael stole 2 rims and tires off of Dawn's car while she was in her house and threw a brick through the back window. They acted like they didn't know what happened. I have stories on them.

marktheshark
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  marktheshark Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:03 am

Do I really have to go there?

marktheshark
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  2009munyon Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:15 pm

iam curious hahaha

2009munyon
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  rob mafia Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:01 pm

marktheshark wrote:

Dude! If Lael is the same that I am thinking of, she used to be my roomate when I was dating Dean(Christina). Small fucking world. Anyone have their contact?

yup. and in further small world shit, dean moved out here and married one of my friends... who was then killed.

rob mafia
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  marktheshark Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:15 am

rob mafia wrote:
marktheshark wrote:

yup. and in further small world shit, dean moved out here and married one of my friends... who was then killed.

Wow, have they turned their life around at all? I mean we are all given a chance to grow up, but have they at all?

marktheshark
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  rob mafia Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:52 pm

wait, what?

dean wasn't an idiot, and joey being killed (by a drunk driver) has nothing to do with that... just saying it's a small world (i'm nowhere near socal)

rob mafia
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

7TH GENERATION VEGAN STRAIGHT EDGE BAND FROM THE 90S Empty Neither am I

Post  marktheshark Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:09 pm

rob mafia wrote:wait, what?

dean wasn't an idiot, and joey being killed (by a drunk driver) has nothing to do with that... just saying it's a small world (i'm nowhere near socal)

I totally agree with you, I wasn't saying anything about that and she was a little bit rough around the edges when I knew her. I was asking if she mellowed out and such with all the Lael influences. I have been trying to get ahold of her for a while but I can't remember her last name. I'm sorry to hear about your loss and her loss. Last I heard, she moved to PA and was dating someone. That was about 4 to 5 years ago. Where is she now? If you talk to her, tell her Mark says hi.

marktheshark
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  rob mafia Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:44 pm

yeah, that someone was joey.

and i haven't talked to her in a few years... we tended to constantly argue when we were around each other. she was definitely a bit rough around the edges/closed-minded with some shit... but she seemed to have chilled a bit, since. i dunno.

and she moved back out west, iirc.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=588337700&ref=pymk - there's her facebook. you can say hi to her, yourself.

rob mafia
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  jav Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:51 pm

dean was cool. i think i saw her at the disembodied shows, with Christy Meyers
jav
jav
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Kimmo Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:10 am

This sounds pretty good to me.

Kimmo
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  C.L.Rouse Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:55 pm

yeah, we knew about them. erik and i had both seen them in the 90's (and erik claimed to have been in the band at one point, though i never saw him play with them.) erik and i used to talk about how much we loved that name before 7 generations formed. when 7g was having our first practices and didnt have a name yet, tim used to talk about how he wanted to use that name. tim, since he was living in florida in the 90's, didnt know about 7th generation. erik and i talked about it and decided that no one remembered that band (or so we thought) and they never really did anything, so we figured it was not a big deal to use the name. why should a good name be sunk with a forgotten and forgettable band? so, that is how the whole decision came about on our end. i was quite surprised about once a year when we would bump into a person that remembered that band.

edge with the dreads band resume was: hardball, dead dizney, burn it down, vegan reich, dead america, 7 generations (but no 7th generation) and tears of gaia.

C.L.Rouse
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  nrannalli Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:49 am

I have the two demo tapes(8 tracks) if you are interested, that link to youtube is the last show we played. What that video didn't show was the Monster crew all up in arms because Joel(the singer) called someone a sellout. But the band broke up because of tension between the members, 2 members wanted to be straight edge gangsters and the rest wanted nothing to do with it. So we all went our different ways haven't talked to Robin in over 13 years, Joel and Jeff's crew got the crap kick out of them and me and Ryan still kit it. Also keep in mind that most of us were 16 and under in that video so I wouldn't say we were terrible but were musically immature. We only played underground shows and houses, we could care less about the money and just wanted to have fun also 7th Generation(formally Obscured Progression) and 7 Generations have nothing to do with each other.

Nick

nrannalli
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next