xSTUCK IN THE PASTX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oct. 3rd in Seattle. Unbroken, Undertow, Strain, etc

+16
ERIC SXE
Hex
xoldedgex
xcrujonesx
hcj31
XDrugFreePrideX
spikestoyou
mitchard
AlexxMT
xchipxsem
xchadx
xgronox
Eric Sanford
davidflores
xjustinx
justinn
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Oct. 3rd in Seattle. Unbroken, Undertow, Strain, etc - Page 2 Empty Re: Oct. 3rd in Seattle. Unbroken, Undertow, Strain, etc

Post  xcrujonesx Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:54 pm

i want to go to this so bad (especially for strain and undertow since i never saw either one), but im not sure if im going to be able to afford the flight. Crying or Very sad
xcrujonesx
xcrujonesx
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Oct. 3rd in Seattle. Unbroken, Undertow, Strain, etc - Page 2 Empty Re: Oct. 3rd in Seattle. Unbroken, Undertow, Strain, etc

Post  xjustinx Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:32 pm

xcrujonesx wrote:i want to go to this so bad (especially for strain and undertow since i never saw either one), but im not sure if im going to be able to afford the flight. Crying or Very sad

Greyhound that shit!
xjustinx
xjustinx
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD

http://myspace.com/xponchx

Back to top Go down

Post  hcj31 Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:57 pm

Eric Sanford wrote:there won't be a barrier at this show and security will probably be run by pettibone......marinate on that if you're on fence about it. it'll be worth it, plus strain is gonna be sick.

I'm goin for Strain. I have seen them before..but I never thought Id ever get the chance to again. So..does anyone know if Pettibone actually cut his hair and gonna play the show make up free? I dunno just thought I'd ask.
hcj31
hcj31
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Sanford Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:19 pm

mitchard wrote:
xjustinx wrote:I keep trying to drop the world's most unsubtle hints that Unrestrained should be one of the guests.
I would back this. I am bummed i'll be missing the Bellingham show.

you live in arlington? you coming up for the xibalba/envision show tonight? cause you should!
Eric Sanford
Eric Sanford
Padawan
Padawan

http://envisionannodomini.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  justinn Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:45 pm

I need a place to crash.

Also, fingers crossed Nineironspitfire plays. Probably will never happen but would be rad to see.
justinn
justinn
Padawan
Padawan

http://www.myspace.com/posijustin

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchard Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:53 am

Eric Sanford wrote:
mitchard wrote:
xjustinx wrote:I keep trying to drop the world's most unsubtle hints that Unrestrained should be one of the guests.
I would back this. I am bummed i'll be missing the Bellingham show.

you live in arlington? you coming up for the xibalba/envision show tonight? cause you should!
I had to work tonight, but I might be coming up on Thursday for that show. I would have came up today and would be going to the Sunday show if I could get the time off. Crying or Very sad
mitchard
mitchard
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  xoldedgex Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:09 am

spikestoyou wrote:
justinn wrote:
XDrugFreePrideX wrote:and whoever was in at half mast band was sooooooo good

Oh thanks man. Yeah. They are still going strong. I was on the two split seven inches and the second full length. They've got a new seven inch worth of songs that are waiting to be released. Not sure if they'll see the light of day for a while but they are pretty rad.

Didn't they tour last year? I thought we ran into them somewhere. But I could be confusing them with another band, I am an idiot at times.

P.S. I have absolutely no inside scoop on what other bands are playing that show, but, I doubt that guests will include Trial.
Dont get your hopes up for Trial. just sayin'

xoldedgex
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  Hex Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:11 pm

Will be at the Undertow show now courtesy of the fine gentlemen in The Helm. What stand up guys.

Hex
Padawan
Padawan

http://www.hanginghex.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  xjustinx Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:43 am

Hex wrote:Will be at the Undertow show now courtesy of the fine gentlemen in The Helm. What stand up guys.

Excellent. We just played with them last Sunday in Bellingham. I'll make Bob introduce us.
xjustinx
xjustinx
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD

Back to top Go down

Post  ERIC SXE Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:48 am

Sounds like a great show!

I remember seeing UNDERTOW and STRAIN back in like '93 in Sacramento on a very hot summer day. It was great. Jose was there as always as the true ambassador of the Sacramento HC scene!
ERIC SXE
ERIC SXE
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rumpshaker Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:59 pm

I'll be at the show. Excited.

I haven't been to Seattle since 2000... I'll only be there a few days... any tips on cool stuff to do? Any good amusement parks still be open? Any weird / cool museums? Tourist traps? Nature?

Also... what are the vegan spots to hit up nowadays, besides for Mighty O's of course!

Rumpshaker
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  fatnip Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:50 pm

I know who the secret guest is. It's not trial. It's real easy to figure out if you find out what other shows are going on the same night. They don't fit 100% but they are awesome. One of the dudes was out here for the Cali shows.
Just some hints

fatnip
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  xjustinx Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:55 pm

fatnip wrote:I know who the secret guest is. It's not trial. It's real easy to figure out if you find out what other shows are going on the same night. They don't fit 100% but they are awesome. One of the dudes was out here for the Cali shows.
Just some hints

Well, I know what the other major show is that night, and if it's the band I'm thinking of, I'll be somewhere taking a nap during their set.
xjustinx
xjustinx
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD

Back to top Go down

Post  hcj31 Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:18 pm

Who did you hear this inside information from? I don't think thats the special guest cuz why would they be on this bill? they don't fit at all. mathmetal core doesnt fit with renowned and respected 90's HARDcore acts end of story. I hope it isnt true.
hcj31
hcj31
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  justinn Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:41 pm

I think I may have an idea of who the guest is.
justinn
justinn
Padawan
Padawan

http://www.myspace.com/posijustin

Back to top Go down

Post  fatnip Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:06 am

I know this info first hand.

So what you are saying is that the band that you think is not a respected band. The reason they are playing is cause they are all friends. They were asked to play by both undertow and unbroken.

fatnip
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  xjustinx Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:08 am

I'm just saying I haven't liked anything they've done since 1998, so unless they only play stuff they recorded in the 90s, I'm going to be bored out of my skull.
xjustinx
xjustinx
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD
STRAIGHT EDGE OVERLORD

Back to top Go down

Post  hcj31 Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:39 am

fatnip wrote:I know this info first hand.

So what you are saying is that the band that you think is not a respected band. The reason they are playing is cause they are all friends. They were asked to play by both undertow and unbroken.

I never said they weren't respected. Me personally, I don't care much for them and never really did. Same goes for Dillinger and whatever other math metal/hardcore acts there were in the late 90's-early 00's but that doesnt mean I don't respect what those bands accomplished. I understand they are friends but they don't fit the bill. They play totally different styles of music. I never considered "math/metal" hardcore, not did I consider bands like Undying or metalcore of that style hardcore. Same with all the "deathcore" shit that floods the scene today, I don't call that hardcore either. I'm not going to go into my definition of what hardcore is or what it means to me cuz it doesnt matter. I personally would like to see a different band play this bill. I'm speaking for myself and myself alone. It's just my opinion so if you are offended by that whatever. If they were asked to play by their friends in those bands great. I just won't be watching their set nuff said.
hcj31
hcj31
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:48 pm

Just name the band already!
Jose
Jose
Padawan
Padawan

http://area43.net

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchard Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:50 pm

Did said band play the last Undertow reunion show?
mitchard
mitchard
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  hcj31 Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:25 pm

There is another big show going on that night at the Wamu theatre. Look for the only hardcore associated band on the bill and you'll find your answer.
hcj31
hcj31
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchard Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:29 pm

Figured. I can't complain about that addition.

Though I also wouldn't object to Botch. Haha.
mitchard
mitchard
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  hcj31 Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:56 pm

Yeah..I personally would rather see a more traditional hardcore type band play the bill instead but if they play old shit then it'll be ok. Like I said before I was never a huge fan of the whole chaotic/math metalcore stuff to begin with. So I would rather see Trial, Nineironspitfire or Contingent. Contingent is a band I miss. I saw them play the bay years ago. Lahar is ok but I don't think they're as good as Contingent was. Anybody got the Contingent Demo??? I lost mine. Up it if you got it.
hcj31
hcj31
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:23 am

Converge? zzzzzzzzz
Jose
Jose
Padawan
Padawan

http://area43.net

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveF Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:56 pm

Holy fuck people, stop trying to be so secretive. Yeah, Converge is in the area that night, so is Bane. Who cares? Mastodon could play this show for all I care. I have zero clue who might be on this and nobody has told me anything one way or another but stop trying to make it to be some top secret thing you’re afraid to say when you don’t even know. It’s the internet so speculate and start rumours, that’s what this was designed for. I’m crossing my fingers it’s a Blindside reunion.

SteveF
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next