xSTUCK IN THE PASTX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outspoken? more like Out$poken

Go down

Outspoken? more like Out$poken Empty Outspoken? more like Out$poken

Post  jav Tue May 31, 2011 9:48 am

when i first got into hardcore, like really going to shows around 92-93, Outspoken was like the biggest band in the world to me. the singer had a wireless mic like a real professional band. the music was tight, powerful, and emotional. i LOVED a light in the dark. i saw them quite a few times, and was up front at their last show singing my heart out.

i saw them at the Unbroken benefit for eric allen. i had a lot of fun.

i snuck into the sink with cali fest to see them, much to the dismay of Al Brown. the crowd was small, but everyone was really into them.

i saw them at the New Age fest thing at Showcase. i knew the band was a little different, being older and not straightedge etc, but i was ok with it because i was too, and it was like a piece of my youth for one night.

when they got back together to play last year with Jae Hansel singing, i thought it was weird, and wanted nothing to do with it.

now, they are playing this weekend with YOT. im not sure if people know this or not, but its four dudes who were not in Outspoken, with Hartsfield playing guitar. i heard a rumor that it was an Outspoken cover band that he found and decided to wrangle in and play, which would be a lot funnier if it were the case.
XXXChrisXXXRouseXXX was supposed to sing this show, replacing Jae Hansel (who had replaced John Coyle who wanted nothing to do with this), and Hansel found out via Facebook about this. Rouse isnt even singing anymore, the dude from Aftermath of a Trainwreck (?) is singing? which sounds pretty fitting if you think about it. i actually like Collin who is playing drums, its unfortunate that he got sucked into this mess.

the amount of Outspoken records seeing a rerelease is interesting too. i guess working at a record pressing plant has its perks.

/rant
jav
jav
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

http://www.bestoftimesoc.blogspot.com www.alloverthistown.com ww

Back to top Go down