xSTUCK IN THE PASTX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In My Eyes appreciation post, Good Clean Fun?

+5
XemonerdX
xbojanx
mikexpresley
XDrugFreePrideX
marktheshark
9 posters

Go down

In My Eyes appreciation post, Good Clean Fun? Empty In My Eyes appreciation post, Good Clean Fun?

Post  marktheshark Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:37 am

Is there a chance they could get back together? They were so fun and only put out 2 full lengths that I know about.

Also, it's only fitting for Good Clean Fun to have a children's themed album. Just saying, it would rule. Kids music doesn't have to suck and Good Clean Fun could put something awesome together. Sure, my son loves My Dying Bride and other metal, but I would like him to listen to stuff that's more positive. What do you think?

marktheshark
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

http://addandhardcore.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

In My Eyes appreciation post, Good Clean Fun? Empty Re: In My Eyes appreciation post, Good Clean Fun?

Post  XDrugFreePrideX Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:41 am

in my eyes were/are great i like in my eyes alot i would love for them to get back together im pretty sure sweet pete is the only one whos still edge hes on a song from the effort. as far as good clean fun doing kids songs that would be really funny. theres a comp from japan its disney songs and h20 does its a small world its pretty funny Razz
XDrugFreePrideX
XDrugFreePrideX
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

In My Eyes appreciation post, Good Clean Fun? Empty Re: In My Eyes appreciation post, Good Clean Fun?

Post  mikexpresley Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:41 pm

i HATE good clean fun.
mikexpresley
mikexpresley
Padawan
Padawan

https://www.facebook.com/mikexpresley www.myspace.com/mikepresley

Back to top Go down

Post  xbojanx Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:26 am

I like In my Eyes, but Good Clean Fun are one of the best bands for me...I really like the lyrics and the way the are sending the message...
"I had a nightmare, that I was a hardline" - ho wnot to love that one (unless you're really hardline Razz )
xbojanx
xbojanx
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  XemonerdX Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:15 am

Not into In My Eyes, and while Good Clean Fun had their moments with some of their lyrics, overall they were pretty bad and not funny at all. Esp not live.

XemonerdX
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

http://onexpath.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  xchipxsem Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:25 am

Unless In My Eyes got back together with all new members (minus Pete), I dont see it happening. None of the members except for Pete are still straight edge from what I remember.
I was actually talking about Good Clean Fun the other day...I still like the first 2 7 inches and the first full length but I lost interest after that. I can still put those on and rage though
xchipxsem
xchipxsem
Straight Edge Mafia

http://howsyouredge.com/swap/display.php?page=1265

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Dots Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:43 pm

I loved the In My Eyes demo and thought they put on a great show. I wasn't too into the LPs, though. As far as Good Clean Fun goes, I thought the "Who Shares Win" 7" was fucking hysterical, and the first LP had a few winners ("L-O-S-E-R-U-B"), but I can't believe they're still around. They keep beating that horse, but it ain't getting any deader.
Black Dots
Black Dots
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  xbojanx Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:27 am

xbojanx
xbojanx
Padawan
Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post  rob mafia Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:31 pm

i had no idea gcf was even still around. haha.

i saw them play in the basement of a vegan restaurant in philly. ruled.

and i'll give them props just for showing up at victory, talking to them about a possible deal, and playing "victory records sucks" for/to tony. hahaha.

and coll-edge rules (like others said, first 2 7"s are great. well, mostly who shares wins...)

never really got into in my eyes. saw them a few times, neither liked nor disliked them.

rob mafia
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Jon Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:31 pm

In My Eyes is a personal fave. demo/1st lp is real good, the 2nd lp is one of the records that defines that time/late 90's/early 00's "revival". In My Eyes "Nothing to Hide" & Count Me Out "Permanent"

GCF def. had moments, but even "early" on; at least out here in CA the band was lively but the singer was BORING as shit. Agreed, the underestimated & phyte 7inches were fun and can still bring a smile. I actually listened to the 1st cd (which was just the 7inches re-record; basically, right?) a few weeks ago and remembered how it used to make me laugh.
Jon
Jon
Padawan
Padawan

http://deadjonalive.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down